Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Doctors Visit

Yesterday I went to see my GP once again. For the past 7 months or so, I've been to the doctor A LOT! Too much is you ask me. First it was to see my OB for the pregnancy, and then after the miscarriage to make sure everything was ok post D&C. Now I've been following up with my GP for my BP issues. We can't really seem to get it under control. I was very reluctant to start taking any kind of BP medication because it's usually something you have to take for life. But once my numbers were getting out of control, I didn't have much of a choice anymore. I'm now on a regular BP pill along with a water pill. I have to take both pills once daily. It's not too bad to remember. There are very few side effects. She also lectured me again that I should not try to get pregnant while taking the water pill. It can cause birth defects. Once we get my BP under control, we can possibly stop taking the water pill. So we will have to put off having a baby for a little longer than I would like. I know it's for the best, but it's still hard.

 Along with my BP, I've had some other weird issues going on. I'm constantly tired, even have a full nights sleep. I can pretty much take a nap any where, any time of day. It's very hard to deal with. I want to be out there having fun and staying up late, but I find it can often be a real challenge. It's starting to affect the quality of my life. I really try hard to not let it get me down, but it does. I've also been experiencing bad joint pain. Mostly in my hips, sometimes in my low back and knees. I brought all of this up with my GP and she agrees this is not normal and should be something to be looked into. She ran a bunch of basic blood tests and everything came back normal. Since not much has improved, she wants to send me to a rheumatologist. So I'll see how that goes. I just don't want to end up being one of those people who's constantly at the doctors and having to take meds. I just want to be normal and feel good.  I know it also gets to Matt. As supportive as he is, he can get frustrated and sometimes impatient with me. It can cause tension and arguments that are not necessary. Hopefully that will change soon.

On a happier note, Matt and I have already had a great start to the weekend. He took yesterday off work to spend the day with me. We pretty much only went to the doctor, got lunch and went to Target. But it was nice to spend the day together. We stayed up late and watched a movie together. Today we're just going to hang out and then tonight go to Downtown Disney to watch the Disneyland fireworks. We usually have DL passes, but they expired a while back. The weathers been really nice, so it should be a nice evening. Tomorrow we're probably going to go on a little hike with Emmitt in the park where we got married. Nothing too special, but fun and relaxing.  That's all for now :o) Here's a pic of Emmitt and myself last time we went hiking.



~ Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment