Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Week

I finished my first week at my new job. I'm now working at MSM (Medical Specialty Managers). It's a company that does billing, HR and medical management for other medical offices. I'm working in the customer service dept. So far I really enjoy my new position. Everyone in my dept and other depts are really friendly and really welcoming. Totally opposite of my last job. My manager, Toni, also seems really supportive and like she genuinely cares about her employees. I already feel like I'm using my past experience and education waaaay more than I was before. There is also a lot of room for growth which ultimately what I'm looking for. Hopefully this will change my over all out look on life. I like to think I had a positive out look before, but it was hard going to work everyday for 8 hours at a place I absolutely hated. I think that really took a toll on my mood. Now Matt wont have to listen to me constantly complain about the people I used to work with! The benefits are awesome as well. I think I only have to pay $30 a month for my health insurance. It was completely free before, but the benefits are better here. The co-pays are only $10 a visit compared to $20. For as often as I go to the doctor, this will be a huge help. Prenatal costs along with hospital stay, surgery ( I know I will have a c-section) and other maternity related costs are 100% covered! Also, for some reason god-forbid, I ever need a D&C again, it would be completely covered. No $500 copay which I'm still paying off :o( I just really feel like this is a positive change in my life. Nothing else new. No exciting plans. Just spending time with my little family ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment